Just about all my books for the fall quarter at Pacifica have arrived in the mail! (Yay for used books and Amazon!!) Lots of goodies in here. I am taking three courses: Alchemy & the Hermetic Tradition, Greek & Roman Myth II, and African and African Diaspora Traditions. There’s also an Integrative Studies Process course that all second years attend basically for six hours out of the semester. It’s a credit/no-credit deal. I picked up the two recommended texts for that, as I think they will be very fruitful! (Booth’s The Craft of Research and Coppin & Nelson’s The Art of Inquiry: A Depth Psychological Perspective).
And here’s my lil’ “to-do” list for the first class session on September 12. Time to get crackin’!
- The Alchemy Reader, pages 1-247
- The Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz, pages 3-55
Greek & Roman
- “Oedipus at Colonus” in The Three Theban Plays
- “Bacchae” in Three Plays of Euripides
- “The Frogs” in Four Plays by Aristophanes
- Plato: The Symposium
- Aristotle’s Poetics
- “African Religions” (Grillo) article in DCR
- Conversations with Ogotemmeli, pages xi-xvii, 1-61, 130-147, 148-161, 162-185
- “Art & Religion in Africa” (Hackett) in DCR, pages 34-44, 119-26
- The Trickster in West Africa, pages 1-24, 111-222